Sparklyladybug.com.au






All Checked In...

Well, I'm off to Byron Bay tomorrow, yay for that! Oddly enough with this whole web check-in business, I'm already checked in for my flight, before my bags are even packed! Seems a little odd to me, but it's good...one less thing to worry about later and now I only have to get to the aiport 30 mins before my flight.

Last week, they had the best sale at my work. I'm currently working for a craft/homewares store in thier head offices (working in the payroll office of all places!). Last week, the craft party department had a sale and they had some gorgeous yarns. I've always wanted to learn how to knit, so I bought some of the yarns in anticipation. So, after looking at a few internet tutorials, I've done it! I can knit! When casting on, I get a nice neat row of stiches, however, I have yet to duplicate a really nice neat row, so I think I still have some refining to do with this skill, but i'm sure I will get there. If anyone has any tips (Julie?) I'd love to hear them.

I'm getting better at working with resin (it's kinda like a plastic) too...I'm working at making pendants for jewellery. So far, I have been working at making molds and pouring resin. I have successfully put a piece of japanese paper in between layers of blue and clear resin, and i'm liking it. I think with a little more work and some new dyes (currently can only do blue and white) I might be on to something. I have also been playing a little with powered pigment, when I have a good sample, I'll show ya;s. But, if anyone has any ideas of objects they would like to see embedded in resin, let me know and I will work at it. Here's a little picture of what i've done so far...

Anyhow, I think that is all the excitment for me for now...Time to go pack!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I know I have always made fun of your crafting, but I have to say that this resin stuff sounds really cool (hope jacquie isn't reading this). As for knitting tips, if you come down to Canada (hint, hint) I can show you what you might be doing wrong. I can even give you patterns for some sweaters and blankets. I've almost finished the gianormous bedspread I've been working on for two or three years...so I feel I should, in all fairness, warn you that knitting anything bigger than a scarf requires lots of patience.    



At 8:10 p.m., Blogger wai said...

That looks awesome Chistie!
What I would like to see embedded in resin, how about grains of rice?
Re: knitting. I blogged about it last year and I remember putting in some knitting websites for the knit knit purl purl stitches.    



At 8:16 p.m., Blogger wai said...

I forgot to mention Byron has one of the best cafes on the east coast of Australia overlooking the crystal clear beaches.
Are you driving to Brisbane from Byron? If you are, you pass a town called Nimbin. It's the hashish capital of Australia. You know you're there when you see a guy on the side of the road holding out his hand and he's not asking to hitch a ride.    



At 7:38 p.m., Blogger Christie said...

Grains of rice...hmmm, i think that could be highly doable...i'll work at it. Loved Byron, some great cafes...my fav I went to was near a dive shop...had the best brekky there ever! But no, didn't go to Nimbin, though did hear lots about it.    



At 11:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word up on the jewlery dawg. I'm diggin' it.
I'll think of something to put in the resin!    



» Post a Comment