Sparklyladybug.com.au






Robbie Burn's Day...

Yup, Jan. 25th is Robbie Burn's day...know who he is? A famous Scottish poet...i think the Shakespear of Scotland might be a good description. Anyhow, on Robbie Burns day tradition says you eat Haggis, nips and tatties. So, goin to a Scottish friends house tomorrow night to celebrate...might be an international Robbie Burns day though...Australia Day is the 26th, so gonna have something Australian i think, and well, i'm contributing hummus, tatzaki and a trifle...oh the feast! It's great to have something to celebrate! Anyhow, a little grace my Dad just told me for the occasion...

Some have meat and canna eat
Some hae meat and want it
but we have maet and we can eat
and say the lord we thank it.

Happy Robbie Burn's Day!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 9:47 a.m., Blogger Dave & Kate said...

Hi Christie, I did a double take when I saw that you were writing on Tuesday Jan. 25, because I was pretty sure that it was Monday! But I guess it is already Tuesday in Japan. Our church had a Robbie Burns supper, and my grandma said the haggis was really good. We did not make it, we stayed home and had ravioli!    



At 11:48 a.m., Blogger Tracy said...

So this comment is more about Dave and Kate, than Robbie Burns day... sorry Christie.

Dave and Kate: what are you last names... i know several couples who go to different churches, and they're Dave and Kate, and (drumroll please) dave and Kate!!!!

None of them know Christie, that i know of.... weird eh?

anyhoo, time for some shameless self promotion: I'm more exciting than Christie... read my blog: http://pseudorockguru.blogspot.com/
I lost my cell in the back of a police cruiser... how funny is that!    



At 5:29 a.m., Blogger Dave & Kate said...

Hi Tracy, We're Dave and Kate Wager, and we live in Alliston. I (Kate) went to Glendon with Christie. I don't think we've ever met. : )    



At 11:10 a.m., Blogger Tracy said...

Hello... nice to meet you. I don't believe we've ever met either.    



At 10:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave and Kate, I am Christie's Dad and remember meeting you Kate. I may have meat Dave also not sure. Did you here the story of Christies Trifle. so glad she is coming home.    



» Post a Comment