Sparklyladybug.com.au






Something to think about...

Newspaper article (yup, i do actually read the paper on very rare occasions when there is something worth reading) in the Toronto Star today was talking about Ecological Footprints...average Canadian has a footprint of 8.8 global hectares. This number is representitive of how much land you need to maintain your lifestyle...it takes into account food production, shelter, mobility (stress on the land from car/transporation) and goods/services...although does not ask how much you shop! Anyhow, interesting, my life in Canada, my Ecological Footprint is 5.3 compared to when i was in Japan my lifestyle there got me a 2.9...interesting...something to think about forsure...anyhow, try it out, let me know how you do...http://www.ecofoot.org/
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 6:52 p.m., Blogger Fuz said...

Ok, so I just did that and my life in Japan got me a 2.8.... surprisingly, my life in Scotland got me a 2.7! And I thought I was worse in Scotland... just goes to show, doesnt it?    



At 3:49 a.m., Blogger Tracy said...

Wow, I got 5.1

I was thinking though, I could reduce the amount of electricity I use, but other than that, I don't know how to reduce my footprint. I know flying would have added a lot of points, but at this stage i don't see myself as travelling excessively. Hmm.... it's something to think about though. If everyone lived like me, we'd need 2.8 planets.    



» Post a Comment