Sparklyladybug.com.au






Home for a Rest...

The other night I was beading...a little too close to my computer I think. First a tiny bead just under the space bar...highly annoying. But the next day it was magically gone much to my relief. However now you may notice a distinct lack of comma's in this entry...I think my little bead has found a new home. So a big apology to all the grammar Nazis out there!

My flight home is booked...all done! I'll be back on the 12th of July...or maybe it's the 13...I leave here the 12th anyhow. I'm pretty happy...I'll be home for a good month of visiting and funness before moving on. I am sad to leave the cool Aussie kids but such is life. Anyhow...I know i'll be back for a visit...

And! It's summer...yay! It's been kinda cold here lately (I know all you Canadian Kids are laughing at me now)...it's been about 10 to 15 degrees in the day...nice in the sun but freezing when it's raining as it has been doing a lot of. I'm looking forward to warm weather and bbq's and summer stuff.

Speaking of home...and not that I follow sports much...but Ottawa is in for the Stanley Cup! Go Canada! So good luck to them...be nice to get our Stanley Cup back in the country! For those of you who don't know the Stanley Cup is for hockey (ice).

Interesting lesson learned a few times over here in Australia...when people talk about hockey they are talking about field hockey. The number of conversations where someone tells me they are going to play hockey or see a hockey game and I excitedly reply "Really? there is an ice rink around here?" to quickly learn that they in fact mean field hockey. Strange land here...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 12:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, scary place. Yep, it's best that you leave there as soon as possible and return to real hockey.    



At 10:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOOOORAY! We get our Christie back!!!
Can't wait! Safe journey beautiful!
XOXOXOX
Jen-Mai    



At 3:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey christie, i was just cleaning out my hotmail and found your blog. so cool to read about what you've been up to and i'd love to see you again when you get back. shoot me an email when you're back in town.    



» Post a Comment