Sparklyladybug.com.au






Lost and Homeless in London!

Well! I made it! I'm in London, how exciting is that! I got here about 4 days ago, some stories since then:

Day 1
My flight was delayed and by the time i got to my hotel is was 2:30. After a mostly sleepness night (love overnight flights!) I decided to walk for miles around the city and saw quite a bit which was great. Then I decided to go back to the hotel, which is never as easy as it seems. I got lost, and it was raining and 2 two hours later, after wandering in countless circles finally made it back to the hotel tired and very wet...I sure was happy to sleep!

Day 2
I got up early in hopes of finding a new home. I went out to Chelmsford, the town I'm going to live in. Visited 4 apartments, and this time got very lost on my way back to the train station, an hour later (should have taken me 10 mins) I finally found the station, and somehow, again it was raining...however, getting lost the day before must have done me some good cause this time I found my hotel a lot more quickly.

Day 3
I took a day off getting lost, a wise idea a think. I went to the Tate modern art gallery. Which was great, I needed a day of being dry inside...although it was quite nice outside. I did lots more walking too, saw the parliament buildings, walked over London bridge.

Day 4
I was back in Chelmsford seeing more apartments, the good part is, this time I didn't get lost, in fact, I was quite good at being unlost...which was encouraging! However, I'm still homeless. I'm looking at another apartment tomorrow, fingers crossed i'll find a home cause it is my last night of accomodation in the hotel, although i'm sure i could book for longer.

Anyhow, wish me luck tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have some good news!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 1:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it only rains when you're lost and walking. :D Or perhaps you make it rain when you're lost and walking. It's all your fault.    



At 6:54 a.m., Blogger wai said...

Goodluck with the flat hunting! Typical London weather. If you find yourself depressed from lack of sunlight, apparently st john's warts helps.    



At 8:23 p.m., Blogger Christie said...

Thanks guys!

Glad to say things are working out very nicely now...I found a place, am starting to settle and it has even been pretty sunny the past few days! But, good to know about the St John's Wort...I have heard that before too, but might need to look into it more...    



At 10:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
This is noriko.
How have you been?
Were you able to find the favorite apartment?

I send to a mail with some pics.
But,It's return to me.
Can you please send me you mail address.

this is my mail address:nori01nana25@yahoo.co.jp

Love much
noriko    



» Post a Comment